There is always something to be said for purchasing a used air compressor. For one, it allows you to save a considerable amount of money. Secondly, you can opt for a better brand, getting access to higher quality and superior performance.
Sullair has been manufacturing some of the best air compressors since 1965. They are particularly well known for their line of portable air compressors, which range from 185 to 1600 CFM. All of them exhibit the quality and reliability you would expect from a brand as reputed and recognized as Sullair.
The Sullair 185 is an excellent choice for a multi-purpose air compressor. It is versatile and can be used effectively in a variety of scenarios. It features Sullair’s legendary dedicated after cooler with moisture separator. The gearless design also incorporates several useful features like having all serviceable components within easy reach. The compressor is powered by fuel-efficient and durable 60HP Kubota turbo diesel engine. Even when bought as second hand, the Sullair 185 CFM portable air compressor can provide exceptional performance. However, there are a few things you need to look for when looking to buy one.
• Controls: Check the various controls to ensure they are functioning as intended. While doing so, always check the various indicators as well. Check if the features like unloaded start and various diagnostic indicators are working perfectly.
• Valves: Valves are one of the most critical components in an air compressor. Special attention should be paid to the pneumatic inlet valves. While checking the valves, also check for other components like fuses.
• Filters: The Sullair 185 has different filters for the engine and the compressor. Check both. The triple pass air filter has twin elements. Try and examine them as closely as possible. They should not be clogged or show signs of tear.
• Tow and Running Gear: The Sullair 185 is mounted on a T-chassis from AL-KO Australia. It has hydraulic brakes and high-quality jockey wheels. Check for any corrosion in the frame along with the quality of the transport security chains. The mudguards are made from plastic and susceptible to wear and tear after prolonged use. If they are missing, ensure that you replace them to avoid damage to the compressor or engine parts.
• Warranty: The Sullair 185 comes with a 2-year warranty that can be extended to 5 years under special conditions. To make the most of this, ensure that all the paperwork is present and accounted for.
The Sullair 185 is a true workhorse that will last for a long time with proper maintenance and care. Few other air compressors in its range can meet the same levels of optimized performance. Should you need to replace any parts when you purchase a used model or down the line, always buy genuine Sullair parts for maximum reliability and quality. The spares, like the compressors themselves, are designed to meet the toughest quality standards and come with their own guarantees.