Floppy to USB Converter unit works perfectly on Staubli JC4.JC5, Bonas 200,250,500, Tajima, ZSK, SWF, CNC machines. Floppy to USB converter gives you a feel as if you were working on floppies, just the media changes to Pen Drive instead of floppies. The floppy to USB converter is just the replica of legacy 1.44 MB FDD, looks like that, uses same 34 pin channel and same power connectors. The floppy to USB converter unit just befools the whole apparatus as if it were working on same floppy method.
For data files greater than 1.44 MB ( that does not fit into single floppy disk ), if you have 10 jacquards, then u need to buy 11 Floppy to USB converter unit in total ( 1 for installation computer – as we will use this floppy to USB converter to transfer the design to pen drive )
The process is as follows:
Steps to be followed Computer
1.) We will divide a pen drive into 100 partitions of 1.44 MB capacity each ( Software & User Manual provided )
2.) Attach a floppy to USB converter unit in computer thereby replacing the floppy drive of that computer
3.) We will now attach the pen drive ( 100 block formatted ) into floppy to USB emulator unit in computer
4.) The indicator on front of the floppy to USB emulator will display (0.0.) initially, and gradually will be converted to 00 as the pen drive is plugged in (Means that pen drive has been accepted). Now each block of the pen drive will act as floppy ( Namely 00 to 99 )
5.) Start transferring the design to floppy (a:) as you did always initially to block 00.
6.) If the design fits into one floppy size i.e. 1.44 MB, then it will just finish
7.) If design is of size greater than 1.44 MB (let us say 5 MB means 4 floppies).
a) Then as you transfer the design to block indicating 00, it will transfer the portion of it on 1st block (as it did in case of 1st floppy).
b) After the transfer of data to 1st block (or 1st floppy) It will prompt for 2nd floppy or next floppy, just press the right button on the floppy to USB emulator ( it is for moving the block from 00 to 09 )
c) Now the indicator on floppy to USB emulator unit will show 01 (means the 2nd floppy). Click continues on computer screen to start writing to 2nd floppy.
d) After you finish up with 2nd block, press the right button once again on the front of floppy to USB emulator to go to block 02 (means 3rd floppy) and so on till you finish up with transfer of complete design.
8.) The right switch on the floppy to USB emulator is for moving between blocks 00 to 09 and left from 10 to 90. That means if you want to go to block 37 then press left switch thrice and right 7 times.
Process to be followed on Jacquard Controller
1. Insert the USB Flash Drive (in which design has been transferred from computer) into the floppy to USB converter unit installed in Jacquard controller.
2. Select the relevant block (in our example it is 00) by pressing relevant combination of buttons on floppy to USB emulator (The right switch is for moving between blocks 00 to 09 and left from 10 to 90.)
3. Start Reading the data on controller.
4. As you start reading the data the green LED on the floppy to USB emulator will start glowing, indicating the busy status
5. If design is of size greater than 1.44 MB (let us say 5 MB means 4 floppies).
6. Then after machine has read 1st portion of the design from block indicating 00, it will ask to insert the 2nd floppy.
7. Just press the right button on the front of floppy to USB converter once, the counter on emulator will move to 01 (means 2nd block) and start reading again.
8. After you finish up with 2nd block, press the right button on the front of floppy to USB emulator once again to go to block 02 ( means 3rd floppy ) and so on till you finish up with transfer of complete design.
9. You can also perform the write back of designs (i.e. from Machine – USB) to be fed back into the computer by following the reverse steps.
**** for Staubli -JC4 Users – Due to backward technology and file system issues, we need to follow this process in case your pen drive is not being read in JC4-Controller.
1.) Format the pen drive in software in 100 blocks of 1.44 MB capacity each.
2.) Before doing and data transfer, insert this Pen drive in floppy to USB converter installed in controller of staubli JC4
3.) You now need to format each block starting from 00 to 99 once in JC4 through the floppy to USB emulator
4.) This formatting is to be done only once in a life time. Once this is done, you need not format this pen drive again and again, just transfer data on the blocks, even if they were not empty. In such a case, it will prompt that data already exists in block, just select delete and start the transfer again.
Googling for asus laptop singapore, visit Laptop Outlets, a Singapore SME that specialised in hp elitebook,asus padfone & lenovo yoga tablet 2,asus fonepad. A advertising & marketing project for cheap laptop,best business laptop,lenovo yoga tablet 2 & asus laptop singapore by Kelvin Scotts – Top marketing agency singapore.