Methods to Help Prevent and Reverse Bald Spots
Hormones control the growth of hair on our bodies and after puberty, hair begins to grow as beards, body hair and armpit hair. This is due to the male hormone testosterone, while the female hormone estrogen allows hair to grow on the head but prevents it from growing elsewhere. If estrogen levels drop in a woman, she may experience signs of hair loss or baldness. Treatments in estrogen replacement have had some success in restoring and repairing bald spots and allowing the hair to grow back.
Eating a diet high in protein helps the body re-grow any lost hair. Foods like leafy green vegetables, carrots, soybean, mango, dried apricots, whole grain cereals, sprouts, lentils, yeast, yogurt and even buttermilk on a daily basis will lead to good hair health. Vitamin A and iodine rich foods like spinach, cabbage, turnips, mustard, peanuts and pine nuts are also good choices.
Some home remedies you can try to stimulate hair growth and prevent bald patches include ingredients found in Indian grocery stores, but some regular stores carry them as well. Many people have reported success with these treatments.
1. Do not wash your hair in too hot of water. Heat will damage your hair in the end.
2. Don’t wash your hair more than twice a week. Use only a mild shampoo or try just wetting it.
3. Use a good quality brush and avoid excessive brushing. Do not brush your hair backwards you will pull at the roots.
4. Massage your scalp for at least 15 minutes, or until your head begins to get hot. Do this after bathing and this will stimulate blood flow to the hair follicles.
5. Apply coconut oil or castor oil to your hair. Take dry piece of amla (Indian gooseberry) and boil it; combine it with coconut oil use on your hair.
6. Massage a combination of coconut oil and aloe Vera gel into your tresses and allow it to remain on your scalp for forty five minutes. You will want to wash any remnants off with luke warm water. The best frequency for this is three times a week.
7. Take honey and mix with egg yolk and massage into the scalp. Leave this on for a minimum of forty minutes and then wash away with a good shampoo
8. Apply almond oil 2-3 times a day, every day. This has the potential to prevent baldness.
9. you will want to make a warm water rinse composed of pure apple cider vinegar and any good tea.
10. You can scrub the bald spot with an onion until it turns red and then apply honey.
And there you have it 10 simple ways that can go a long way to prevent baldness. You must stay true to these tips and you will see in a few short weeks that your hair loss has stopped and you are regrowing hair