How To Fix Outlook Express Error 0X8004210B
Task – Sending ‘ reported error (0x8004210B): The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
What is this error message?
This is a general error message generated by Outlook when you’re trying to send or receive email. This error message usually means the remote server that stores your email — for example, a work email address, or Gmail/Hotmail email address — takes too long to retrieve new emails or send new emails.
There are three fast ways you can fix the error.
Windows Software Update
Go to Start -> All Programs -> Windows Update. Then click Change Settings, and select _Automatic (recommended) Automatically download recommended updates for my computer and install them_
Once your software is updated, activate the patch by following these steps:
1. Close Outlook, and go to Start -> Run
2. Type _regedit_ in the box and click Enter
3. When the Registry Editor window pops up, scroll to find this file: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOfficeOutlook
4. Click the file once so it’s selected
5. Go to the File menu at the top left of the window, point to New and select DWORD
6. Type _UseInetcommCS_ and press Enter
7. Right click _UseInetcommCS_ and select Modify
8. In the Value Data box that appears, type 1, then OK
9. Exit the Registry Editor at File -> Exit
10. Restart your PC
Spyware and viruses
Outlook errors may be symptom of a virus or trojan files on your PC. If your files have been corrupted or moved, you may want to check your hard drive by scanning your computer for Spyware. You can get rid of Spyware immediately with an antivirus program.
Clear your registry – get user reviews from RegistryCleanerWin.com
A timeout error doesn’t always mean a PC is affected by a virus. An easier way is to clear your computer’s registry.
The computer registry is similar to a library, that stores files to run programs like Outlook. Over time, as software and files are installed and removed, and everyday programs opened more frequently than others, the computer registry becomes cluttered with broken and redundant files. Clean your registry to make sure your file system is up to date and easy for your computer to access. For recommendations, see registry cleaner reviews at Registry Cleaner Win.