How to Fix Error Code 5 Easily and Fast
Possible Error Message
“Error Code 5 – cannot boot from disk”
“Failed to Execute Target Process (Error Code 5)”
Error messages like this would probably pop up when you try to access the Windows 7 installation CD. When this happens, the installation process would be halted, and it is not likely that you can fix the problem by re-installing the program.
When you get an error code 5, we strongly suggest that you run a quick scan for error code scan for your PC to check and fix the errors.
This error would show up mostly when you try to copy certain files from one folder to another folder, or when you are trying to download certain files and store it into your computer. The truth is when you are storing some files into your PC, a stream will be created to signify the source of that file. And the error occurs when your computer cannot match the data of the file to its stream. Therefore, you would not be able to access the file because it would be forbidden by the configuration of your operating system.
How to Deal with the Problems?
Error code 5 is not such a complicated error and it can be fixed manually in just a few minutes. If you are willing to do it manually and give your computer the efficiency back, you can take a look at the following instructions.
1. Click on Start, Run and type in “regedit” and click OK
2. Type in the registry key: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Lsa”
3. Locate and double click on registry key: restrictanonymous
4. Set its value to 0, press Enter
5. Exit and restart your computer
1. Download Vista SP/2008 x64 ISO
2. Create folders C:dfi -iso, C:efi-exe and C:efi-dvd
3. Open your web browser, search for oscdimg.exe and download the file into folder C:efi-exe
4. Extract iso and copy it in C:efi-dvd
5. Go to Start > Run
6. Type “cmd” in the open box and type in “cd C:eif-exe”
7. Type “oscdimg -n -m -bc:efi – dvdeifsboot.com C:efi – dvd C:efi – isoserver2008dvd.iso” in the open box
To ensure the security and efficiency of your PC, get our ErrorCodeFix to fix Error code 5 in minutes.