The gsroot.dll file is a dynamic link library file that the ArchiCAD (created by GraphiSoft) mainly uses to support in the performance of specific and vital functions. This file is known as an important component because of its tasks; however, it has been reported to cause errors from appearing. One such error is the gsroot.dll error. The computer will not be able to process the file nor the program because of this error. Find out what the issue is, why it is happening and how to fix it by reading this article.
What Causes GDRoot.dll Errors?
Basically, the gsroot.dll errors look like these:
- “This application failed to start because gsroot.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem”
- “Cannot start ArchiCAD. A required component is missing: gsroot.dll. Please install the application again.”
These messages are warnings to the user that there are inconsistencies concerning the file and the software that makes use of it. The file could possibly be missing, damaged or corrupted. Two, the software could be malfunctioning and could be causing the appearance of the error. Basically, the error means that the computer is having problems loading the program and operating it because the file it needs is not there. This particular dll file is necessary for Windows to execute its operations. To fix it you need to repair the registry and re-install the program. A step by step guide is outlined below for your convenience.
How To Fix GSRoot.dll Errors
The first thing you have to do is repair any of the programs that are causing GSRoot.dll errors. For the first step, follow these steps:
- Click START and open the Control Panel.
- In the window, find the Add/Remove Programs tab and select it. Immediately, a set of programs will appear.
- Among the number of programs listed, locate the ArchiCAD and then select it.
- Remove this program by either clicking REMOVER or UNINSTALL (this will depend on the operating system that you use).
- After doing this, instructions will appear showing you how to properly uninstall the program. All you have to do is follow the step by step instructions provided.
- Then, once the process has finished, you will have to restart your computer so the changes will be implemented.
Next, log on to Windows again and insert the installer for ArchiCAD. This usually comes in the form of the ArchiCAD installer CD which comes upon purchase of the product. Make sure that you install it properly to avoid any more errors from occurring. After doing this, check if the error is still persistent; if the error is still there, then you will also have to proceed to the next step.
The next and last thing for you to do is to clean the registry. This database contains all the delicate files and data of Windows. They perform vital functions. If they have errors, the rest of the system suffers. Programs and other features rely on the data there to operate properly. Clean the registry effectively by using the most reliable tool of experts: Frontline Registry Cleaner and to fix errors.