Microsoft Office is one of the most common and popular software programs among all computer users. It is a software suite that contains several desktop applications for multiple purposes. As a computer user we use these applications on a daily basis. MS PowerPoint is one of them, which is used for creating and designing high-class presentation files. We all know the importance of presentation. It is widely used in almost every sector, for example:
- For marketing promotion or corporate training session on businesses or large enterprises.
- For teaching or training purposes in education sectors.
MS PowerPoint is one of the finest tools for creating presentation files. A presentation file may contain several pages, which are known as slides as they appear in sliding form. A slide of a presentation file may contain several file objects, such as: text, graphics, sound, movies and other objects. All these file objects make a presentation file more attractive and appealing. Microsoft PowerPoint saves presentation files in PPT or .ppt file extension. There are three types of file extension used by Microsoft PowerPoint:
- PPT: PPT file stores all presentation data in a single binary file. It is used by MS PowerPoint 2003 and its earlier versions.
- PPTX (Open XML): PPTX file is created by using the Open XML format. It stores the documents as a collection of separate files in compressed form. It can be opened in MS PowerPoint 2007 & 2010.
- PPTM (Open XML Macro Enabled): PPTM file, which is also known as macro-enabled presentation, contains embedded macros. It can be opened in MS PowerPoint 2007 & 2010.
It takes a lot of time and hard work to make a presentation file. A PPT file may be large as it contains several slides and various file-objects. Due to having a large size and complex structure it may get easily corrupted or damaged.
There is no computer file or application, which is immune to corruption. In the same way, presentation files are also prone to corruption. MS PowerPoint program becomes unable to open or read a corrupt file. There could be several unforeseen factors behind this corruption. Virus infection, unfinished or abruptly system shutdown, improper cancellation of presentation files or application, unexpected crash in system hard drive, software malfunction, human errors or mishandling a presentation, etc. are some of the common reasons of corruption. While opening a corrupt presentation file we may face some errors. Errors are the perfect indication of file corruption. Some of the most common errors are: “This is not a PowerPoint Presentation” or“File is corrupted or damaged”.
Whenever a file gets corrupted or damaged we need to repair it. We can use “Open and repair” to repair corrupt file, It is a built-in repair feature provided by MS Office to repair corrupt documents. It is one of the easiest and effective solutions to repair corrupt files. The steps, which are mainly required for this solution, are shown below:
- Open MS PowerPoint program. Click on Office button (on top of the left side).
- A list will be appearing. Click on Open.
- A small window will pop-up. Select corrupt file from the system directory.
- Click on the arrow of Open button. A list will be scrolled down.
- From the list, click on Open and repair. After some seconds, the file will be repaired and opened.
Note: Though this solution efficiently works with corrupt files, but if it does not work we must try the following solutions.
- We should try to open a corrupt file in OpenOffice Impress.
- We should try to open a corrupt file in MS Word. If it gets opened, we can recover at least the text part of the file.
- We should try to import the slides from the damaged file into a new file.
- If these solutions do not work, then we may use a third-party recovery tool for corrupt files. MS PowerPoint Recovery consists of PPT, PPTX and PPTM recovery tool, which can easily recover our data from corrupt PPT, PPTX and PPTM files. It does not overwrite or replace the old document. It creates a new file and saves all the recovered data into it. The tool works in self-describing mode as it is equipped with an automated wizard interface.
Seeking for refurbished macbook pro, come visit Laptop Factory Outlet, a Singapore website that focus in refurbished mackbook,refurbished macbook pro & macbook refurbished,cheapest laptop. A advertising agency project for used mackbook pro singapore,refurbished mac,macbook refurbished & refurbished mackbook by Kelvin Scotts – Best marketing agencies singapore.