After the emergence of LCD computer monitors, Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) display units became on the verge of extinction; however, continued innovative capability of human brain immediately discovered better ways to utilize unused Computer Monitors by using a combo box to offer capabilities similar to conventional television sets. In short, a TV combo box gives a computer monitor new capabilities to receive and display broadcast television channels. We’ve all witnessed mass replacement of cathode ray tubes (CRT) with latest liquid crystal display (LCD) units either by large corporations or individuals.
Cathode ray tube (CRT) technology used on old computer display units and television sets can be described as a vacuum tube fitted with an electron gun and a fluorescence screen that works by lighting an electronic beam which in turn creates images in the form of light emitted from the florescence screen. On the other hand, liquid crystal display (LCD) panels commonly used on modern computer monitors and flat television screen are best described as thin film transistor liquid display using liquid crystals to filter the amount of light entering the panel thereby creating images. A combo TV box came to the rescue of CRT monitors which were being disposed off as electronic waste after becoming redundant.
In order to give your computer monitor TV reception capabilities using a combo box, first you must purchase a genuine combo box from an electronic store. You’ll need to establish the kind of TV signal reception you would prefer for your combo box i.e. digital signals, analog signals or a hybrid (capable of both receptions); to make a more informed decision, identify available free to air channels in your area and transmission signals used. After you’ve made up your mind, consider visiting an available electronic store and purchase a combo TV box with VGA compatibility (able to connect with your monitor’s VGA port).
How to connect a combo TV box to your computer monitor;
• First, switch off the main device and monitor, then connect VGA output outlet from the combo TV box to VGA input outlet of your monitor.
• You’ll then need to connect the sound outlet from combo TV box to sound inlet of your monitor or external speakers if your monitor does not have in built speakers. This ensures you have sound reception alongside pictures from the broadcaster.
• Insert the antennae cable into the antennae cable interface of your combo TV box.
• Turn on the monitor and combo TV box; in most cases, the combo box is powered via VGA cable from computer monitor.
• You’ll notice a blue screen (not necessarily blue) on the monitor screen with TV menu, select search channels automatically. Channels having signals in the area will be stored; and there is your monitor TV.
Looking for best budget laptop, come to www.laptopfactoryoutlet.com.sg, a Singapore company that focus in refurbished mackbook,best budget laptop & macbook refurbished,cheapest laptop. A advertising & marketing project for iphone trade in,cheapest laptop,refurbished macbook pro & 2nd hand laptop singapore by Kelvin Scotts – Best creative agency singapore